Now Available, Version 7.1.0 of KioWare
KioWare has released Version 7.1.0 of KioWare Lite, KioWare Kiosk Basic, and KioWare Full. These products act as a kiosk mode, securing the Operating System and Desktop of your Windows device. Version 4.8.3 of KioWare Server, remote monitoring and reporting software, has also been released.
Important new features include support for Internet Explorer 11 and KioWare License Server. Also new to KioWare Kiosk Basic and KioWare Full are support and functionality additions to devices such as the RFID Readers, Magtek MSR devices, and barcode scanners. A complete list of features and version history can be found here.KioWare Lite (for Windows) new features:
- Internet Explorer 11 Support
- KioWare License Server Support
- Add-On support for manipulating toolbar controls
- Add-On support for manipulating exit behavior
All of the aforementioned KioWare Lite features, plus
- Support for FEIG USB RFID Reader
- Zebra ZXP additional functionality
- Additional support for encrypted Magtek MSR devices
- Improved support for 2D Barcodes with symbol scanners
KioWare has also released KioWare Server 4.8.3.
- Identify kiosks by network name rather than IP address
- Send an automated email when new kiosks are created on the server
- Console support for disabling user password changes
More information can be found at http://www.kioware.com.
KioWare has been providing OS, desktop, and browser lockdown security for the kiosk and self-service industry since 2001.